In recent years, engaging in a construction project has been seen as a high-risk venture, with uncertain results. Going over budget is the norm instead of the exception. In many projects, the Owner has the most to lose and the poorest representation. Relationships with contractors and designers can be adversarial and sometimes litigious.
Your capital investment is at risk, but it doesn’t have to be.
We’ve developed an innovative approach to construction project delivery that we call the “Vigilant Way.” It establishes an Owner’s Project Manager (OPM) to represent the Owner (you!) in all matters. We manage the construction project on the Owner’s behalf to reduce risk, keep it on schedule, and increase ROI.
Relationships Before Dollars
We’re working to earn your trust for your current construction project, and frankly, for every project you embark on in the future. We make every decision with our long-term relationship in mind. We are a local company that cares deeply about this Province and its people.
Pursuit of Perfection
While actually achieving perfection may not be realistic, we believe that our relentless pursuit is core to our success and high standard of results.
We see the profound effect that our clients and their projects have on the community. We work every day to eliminate the inefficiencies in the construction industry. It’s not easy trying to improve an entire industry, but we’re up for the challenge, one project at a time.
Tender Document Reviews
Our Public Sector clients have found exceptional value in our Tender Document Review service, which takes tender document packages from the design firm and analyses them for interference, cross-discipline coordination, constructibility, and potential change orders. Our work in this category has been a towering success for our clients, with our average review saving the client over 75 times what the service costs them.
OWNER’S PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Vigilant’s core service is acting as the Owner’s Project Manager for construction projects in Newfoundland and Labrador. Our turn-key project management service takes you from idea to ribbon cutting, ensuring your interests are protected at every stage of your construction project.
Vigilant Management was founded in April of 2012 with a goal of eliminating inefficiency in the construction industry. Since then our team has achieved significant success across all of our projects. Our results are entirely due to the talented team we have assembled to tackle the most challenging of construction projects.
BOARD OF ADVISERS
In 2014, Vigilant established a Board of Advisers to help the Executive Team with all strategic and operational issues. This group of exceptional business leaders has helped Vigilant achieve significant progress in all areas of the company.
Director of Vertical Construction
Senior Project Manager
- Founded on April 10, 2012 by Lloyd Hussey, Terry Hussey, and Grant Horwood
- September 3, 2013 - New Office Opens
- September 9, 2013 - Vigilant hired its first work term students, Stephen Pendergast (Engineering), and Kristen Lyver (Commerce)
- November 1, 2013 - Board of Trade Cover
- November 1, 2013 - Web Site Launch
- November 8, 2013 - Office Grand Opening
- January 6, 2014 - Bob Walsh joined the team, bringing a wealth of engineering expertise to our roster
- March 17, 2014 - Vigilant hired its first full-time project manager, Ashley Smith
- July 15, 2014 - Paul McDonald joined the team, bringing a tremendous amount of public sector construction knowledge
- July, 2014 - Vigilant’s Board of Advisers is formed, bringing exceptional business leadership to the table for the Leadership Team
- December 18, 2014 - Vigilant was named to Progress Magazine’s list of Fastest Growing Companies in Atlantic Canada for 2014 as #4 in Atlantic Canada and #1 in Newfoundland & Labrador
- April 6, 2015 - Mark Canning joined the team, moving all the way from Nova Scotia
- July 6, 2015 - John Oliveira joined the team after moving to Canada from his native Brazil
- September 25th, 2015 - The Vigilant Team granted our first Wish via Exile Island, sending Kaden to Disney!
- November 1st, 2015 - Version 2.0 of the Vigilant Web Site goes live
- January 6th, 2016 - Lloyd Hussey becomes the 12th person in NL to achieve the Eng.L designation, enabling him to practice engineering in the field of project management
- March 16th, 2016 - Mark Canning recieves his P.Eng designation
- April 1st, 2016 - Lloyd Hussey signs the Workplace NL CEO Safety Charter on behalf of the company in recognition of his dedication to safety in the construction industry
- May 12th, 2016 - Vigilant CEO Terry Hussey is named one of the Top 50 CEOs in Atlantic Canada by Atlantic Business Magazine
- May 16th, 2016 - Todd Tremblett joins the company as a member of the project management team
- September 15th, 2016 - Vigilant ranked #44 on Profit Magazines 2016 Startup 50 ranking Canada’s Top New Growth Companies
- September 23rd, 2016 - The Vigilant Team granted our second Wish via Exile Island, sending Grace to Greece!
- December 7th, 2016 - The Vigilant Team is awarded Entrepreneurial Spirit and Leader in Market Growth and Sales at the Board of Trade Business Excellence awards
- January 24th, 2017 - John Oliveira recieves his P.Eng designation
- April 10th, 2017 - Vigilant celebrates its 5th year anniversary
- April 25th, 2017 - Vigilant is awarded the Business Excellence award at the 2017 Town of Paradise Municipal Awards
- May 17th, 2017 - Vigilant CEO Terry Hussey is named one of the Top 50 CEOs in Atlantic Canada by Atlantic Business Magazine for the second year in a row